Situated 30 km north of the city of Bordeaux, Château Moulin de Tricot is a tiny property established in the 19th Century by the ancestors of the current proprietor, Bruno Rey. The Rey family owns just shy of five (5) hectares of vineyards on a gravelly “croupe” (outcropping) in the commune of Arsac. Of the five hectares, 3.7 hectares are within the Margaux appellation and 1.2 hectares are classified as Haut-Médoc. The soils at Moulin de Tricot are a mix of sand and gravel sitting on a subsoil of clay and marl. The sandy gravel provides excellent drainage while the clay in the subsoil provides moisture to the vines deep roots. Local traditions are lovingly followed at Moulin de Tricot. Vineyards are cultivated without the use of chemical herbicides and are tightly spaced. The close spacing results in higher density per hectare (9500 plants/ha), but lower yield per vine, guaranteeing greater richness of polyphenols in the ripe grapes. Moulin de Tricot stands virtually alone as it continues to follow the classic style of Margaux: utilizing Cabernet Sauvignon as the dominant grape variety. Cabernet accounts for 75% of the vineyards, Merlot the remaining 25%. The vines average 35 years of age.